If an employer wishes to employ or deploy foreign employees in Switzerland, he/she must in certain cases comply with the registration and authorization requirements under the law on foreigner nationals. In such cases, the employee may only take up employment after receiving a notification granting a permit. In the case of cross-border service providers subject to registration (so-called posted or self-employed service providers), the notification must generally be made at least 8 days before employment.

Are you a foreigner who would like to undertake gainful employment in Switzerland and have your family come to Switzerland? The nationality of the employee in question is relevant for the type of requirements for employment of a foreign worker. Notifications must be made online via the website of the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM). Exceptionally, they may also be submitted in writing to the labor market authority of the canton in which the work is planned to be carried out. Permit applications must be submitted to the labor market authority of the canton in which the work is planned to be carried out.

We can assist you in these procedures through our network with the cantonal authorities and offer you support with the immigration of highly qualified workers to Switzerland, starting with entry, obtaining visas, work and residence permits, as well as insurance and tax matters.


  • Work Permit Procedure

  • Immigration

  • Residence Permit

  • Residence Arrangements

  • Family Reunion

  • Permanent Residence Permit



Diego Benz als neues Mitglied bei WAL

15. März 2022|

Wir gratulieren Diego Benz herzlich als neustes Mitglied bei der WAL. Die WAL International AG ist ein Unternehmen, welches sich zum Ziel gesetzt hat Verträge, Know-How und den Zugang zu Anwälten und Anwältinnen über

Philippe Kaiser als Prüfungsexperte

4. November 2020|

Philippe Kaiser wirkt seit vielen Jahren an der eidgenössischen Berufsprüfung zum Einkaufsfachmann / Einkaufsfachfrau des Fachverbands für Einkauf und Supply Management - procure.ch als Prüfungsexperte mit. Im Prüfungsfach (internationales) Vertragsrecht  nimmt er die mündlich